He Taught Us to Love
Russ was a lovable kid with a myriad of communication challenges a speech impediment, dyslexia, auditory and large motor problems. But today he is walking confidently, standing
[00:02.02]A New Toy for Curie’s Daughter
[00:06.62]Pierre Curie made a trip to London to receive the Davy Medal.
[00:11.09]This great honor had been awarded to Pierre and Marie by the Royal Societ
[00:02.13]My Friend, Albert Einstein
[00:04.96]He was one of the greatest scientists the world has ever known,
[00:09.99]yet if I had to convey the essence of Albert Einstein in a single word,
[00:03.45]Years ago, when I was working as a psychologist at a children's institution in England,
[00:10.88]an adolescent boy showed up in the waiting room. It was David.
[00:01.37]Flowers on the Bus
[00:04.31]We were a very motley crowd of people who took the bus every day
[00:09.56]that summer 33 years ago.
[00:11.65]During the early morning ride from the suburb
[00:01.69]The God in Youth: Michael Jordan
[00:05.51]The summer after ninth grade,
[00:08.68]Michael Jordan and Smith both went to Pop Herring’s basketball camp.
[00:13.73]In Smith’s mind there
[00:02.36]The Boy with the Billion-Dollar Secret怀有亿万美元秘密的男孩
[00:06.60]One day in 1965, when I was a librarian
[00:11.21]at View Ridge School in Seattle a fourth-grade teacher approached m
[00:03.75]In 1921, Lewis Lawes became the warden at Sing Sing Prison of New York State.
[00:12.08]No prison was tougher than Sing Sing during that time.
[00:01.80]Li Ka-shing and a Coin李嘉诚和一枚硬币
[00:04.19]Once while trying to reach his car key,
[00:08.79]Li Ka-shing (East Asia’s richest man and generous philanthropist)
[00:14.15]dropped a t
[00:00.00]Most Beautiful People 英语智慧背囊
[00:10.66]The most beautiful people are those who have known defeat,
[00:15.46]suffering, struggle, loss,
[00:17.22]and have found their way out of the
[00:05.06]When I was growing up, I had an old neighbor named Dr. Gibbs.
[00:10.43]He was very nice, and never yelled at us for playing in his yard.
[00:04.54]This is kind of personal. It may get a little syrupy, so watch out.
[00:10.78]It started as a note to my wife.
[00:12.97]And then I thought that sinc
[00:02.02]How Napoleon Crossed the Alps拿破仑是怎样越过阿尔卑斯山的
[00:04.74]In France there lived a great general whose name was Napoleon Bonaparte.
[00:11.53]He was the leader of the French army
[00:01.47]The Medal of Life生命的奖牌
[00:03.75]After giving a talk at a high school,
[00:07.49]I was asked to pay a visit to a special student.
[00:10.32]An illness had kept the boy home,
[00:01.81]Laughing Matter 一笑置之
[00:05.07]Cancer is no laughing matter,
[00:08.57]but a woman suffering through chemotherapy is rethinking that.
[00:11.75]Bonnie Southcott, of Ferndale, Washing
[00:00.00]A Better World 英语智慧背囊
[00:04.66]This is the true joy of life,
[00:08.05]being a force of nature to make the world a better place,
[00:11.76]instead of a selfish little clot,
[00:00.00]The Green Banana青香蕉
[00:05.07]My encounter with the green banana started on a steep mountain road in Brazil.
[00:11.31]My ancient jeep was zigzagging when the radiator began to leak.
[00:00.00]World of Smiles 微笑的世界
[00:06.17]About ten years ago
[00:09.12]when I was an undergraduate in college,
[00:11.42]I was working as an intern at my University’s Museum of Natural His
[00:00.00]Think it over 好好想想
[00:04.55]Today we have higherbuildings and wider highways,
[00:09.26]but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view;
[00:12.75]We spend more, but enjoy less
[00:00.00]The Best Teacher I Ever Had 我遇到的最好的老师
[00:05.41]Mr. Whitson taught sixth-grade science.
[00:10.00]On the first day of class,
[00:12.09]he gave us a lecture about a creature calle
[00:00.00]An overcoat 一件大衣
[00:04.53]My l4-year-old son, John,
[00:07.60]and I spotted the coat simultaneously.
[00:10.22]It was hanging on a rack
[00:12.53]at a secondhand clothing store i
[00:00.00]Easter in Jackson 杰克逊的复活节
[00:05.25]The pounding rain began in the middle of the night.
[00:09.65]The people of Jackson,
[00:11.08]Ohio awoke to the sound then went back to sleep
[00:00.00]Salted Wisdom 盐一样的智慧
[00:04.53]A story tells about a senior villager
[00:08.34]who led other villagers carrying salt day and night to a town
[00:11.98]in order to trade barley as
[00:00.00]My First Poem 我写的第一首诗
[00:05.73]When I was eight, I wrote my first poem.
[00:09.01]My mother read the little poem and poured out her praise.
[00:12.75]Why, this poem was nothing s
- 1每日一句 英语句子
- 2CRI听力:Scott Morrison re-elected Australian Prime Minister
- 8国际英语新闻:Spotlight: PKK jailed leader's call reinforces claims of Turkey's talks with Syrian Kurdis
- 9国际英语新闻:Austrian vice-chancellor to resign over secret video scandal
- 10国际英语新闻:Austrian vice-chancellor resigns over secret video scandal
- 1国际英语新闻:Trump unveils plan for immigration reform
- 2国际英语新闻:UN officials urge parties to Yemen conflict to move towards lasting political settlement
- 3国际英语新闻:UN says half of Gazans may face food shortage by June
- 4国际英语新闻:Trump says to meet with Russia's Putin at G20
- 5国际英语新闻:Donald Tusk to meet with EU leaders on May 28 on new leadership
- 6国际英语新闻:18 injured after Bangladeshi plane skids off runway at Myanmar's airport
- 7国际英语新闻:UN chief, AU chairperson welcome strong cooperation: joint communique
- 8国际英语新闻:Death toll of Libya's Tripoli fighting rises to 432: WHO
- 9国际英语新闻:Thai monarch takes grandiose procession in Bangkok's olden quarters
- 10国际英语新闻:UN deputy chief urges rejection of attacks on places of worship
- 陈秋冬：评估AI项目 我们需要思考三个问题 2019-05-19
- 马刺头号球星申请换队并确定下家 波波维奇也不好使了 2019-05-14
- 芜湖乡间小路上演“警匪片” 警车狂追小轿车 2019-05-14
- 学深悟透监察法 提高履职尽责能力 2019-05-14
- 生活垃圾分类到底卡在哪？居民分类意识仍然偏低 2019-05-14
- 证监会铲除股市“毒瘤” 市场动力逐渐恢复 2019-05-13
- 弘扬“上海精神” 破解时代难题 2019-05-13
- 视频：世界杯路边“摄”之印象最深刻的瞬间 2019-05-13
- 人民的需要与发展的不平衡的矛盾，社会主义追求公平正义的要求与现有的发展方式、分配方式的矛 盾不断加大，必须用马克思主义政治经济学来研究解决。 2019-05-13
- 清明假期山西旅游综合收入37.96亿 接待游客807.22万人次 2019-05-12
- 问题茶叶半年16次上黑榜 2019-05-12
- 白菜-热门标签-华商生活 2019-05-11
- 男女差别有多大？河北省首次公开发布分性别统计分析报告 2019-05-11
- 紫光阁中共中央国家机关工作委员会 2019-05-10
- 高清：F1英国站 汉密尔顿强势夺冠 2019-05-10